KANAWHA COUNTY, W. Va. (WOWK) — A Pinch man is facing charges after firing shots at Kanawha County Sheriff’s Deputies early Saturday morning.
Just after 3:30 AM, Kanawha County Sheriff’s Deputies were dispatched to a home on Sawyer Drive.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, 51-year-old Christopher Patrick Young pointed a shotgun at the deputy who was first to arrive on scene.
When additional Deputies arrived Young fired shots at them from handguns and shotguns.
The SWAT Team was called in as well. SWAT Team members found Mr. Young in his driveway and arrested him.
Deputies did not fire back at Young and no one was injured during the incident.
- Severe storm slams Kanawha County Tuesday evening, knocks out power to thousands
- 13 News Now webcast, Tuesday, July 7: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- Flights to Myrtle Beach, Philadelphia, resume at Yeager Airport
- Trump says to expect more checks ‘soon’
- Huntington nurses, technical workers raise contract concerns
- Hiring soared in May as mass layoffs eased
- Efforts underway to save natural gas pipeline; environmental fight looms
- WV surpasses 3,500 COVID-19 cases, more than 190k tested
- You may get to see a new comet with only the naked eye
- Personal protective gear for medical workers begins to run low again