HURRICANE, WV (WOWK) – Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of summer and the grilling season. But your favorite meat to throw on the barbecue may be difficult if not impossible to find this weekend.
Call’s Meat Market in Hurricane, WV has been working tirelessly to make sure they keep their shelves stocked with meats that oftentimes can’t be found at large grocery chain stores.
Call’s Meat Market Owner, Leanne Call said, “unfortunately it took this epidemic for us to get people to come out and actually try their local products. We’re very appreciative of the support we’ve seen in our community. When you’re supporting our business, you’re supporting a lot of local farmers, people in your community.”
- KSP investigates fatal crash in Floyd County
- Minnesota AG to upgrade murder charge against officer in Floyd case; three other officers face charges
- Kanawha County polling place moved to new location for primary election
- WV State Police issue Silver Alert for missing man
- Coronavirus in Ohio Wednesday update: 36,792 cases, 2,299 deaths
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Cristobal moving inland over Mexico
- Obama to address Floyd protests for first time publicly in online town hall
- Stadium-sized asteroid heading to Earth this week
- Health centers in WV awarded federal grants
- Job posting: Free beer and $20K to hike 2,200-mile trail