CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – Several organizations throughout the Tri-State are preparing for National Drug Take Back Day tomorrow, Saturday, April 24.
According to the United Way of the River Cities’ Prevention Empowerment Partnership (PEP), National Drug Take-Back Day allows people to get rid of medications in their homes that are expired, unused and unwanted to prevent medication abuse and theft. The sites, however, cannot accept personal care items, liquid injectables, needles or sharps, thermometers and other mercury items, hydrogen peroxide or inhalers or illegal drugs. PEP says people can bring in vaping items but are asked to remove batteries from the devices.
On Oct. 24, 2020, 985,392 pounds of drugs were collected for Drug Take Back Day.
All of the events listed below are scheduled to take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Boone County Sheriff’s Office at 200 State St in Madison
- In front of the Braxton County Courthouse at 300 Main St in Sutton
- WV State Police Sutton Detachment at 1259 Dyer Hill Rd in Sutton
- Walgreens on 4th Avenue
- Drug Emporium at the mall on 3 Mall Road in Barboursville
- Milton Volunteer Fire Department at 341 E Main St in Milton
- WV State Police Huntington Detachment at 3339 US-60 in Huntington
- Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office at 363 Main St in Grantsville
- Walgreens at 635 W Main St in Ripley
- Walmart at 200 Academy Dr in Ripley
- WV Drug Intervention Institute
- WV State Capitol Building (outside at California Avenue)
- Drug Emporium at 1603 Kanawha Blvd W in Charleston
- Walgreens parking lot at 655 Washington St W in Charleston
- Kanawha City Piggley Wiggly at 5003 Maccorkle Ave SW
- Kroger at Ashton Place at 1100 Fledderjohn Rd in Charleston
- Fruth Pharmacy at 864 Oakwood Rd in Charleston
- Nitro Police Department at 497 1st Ave S in Nitro
- St. Albans Police Department at 51 6th Ave in St. Albans
- Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office St. Albans Detachment at Ohio Ave N, District 3
- Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office Cross Lanes Detachment at 903 Cross Lanes Dr in Charleston
- Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office Sissonville Detachment at 6438 Sissonville Dr in Charleston
- Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office Quincy Detachment at 2700 E Dupont Ave in Belle
- Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office Elkview Detachment at 902 Main St in Elkview
- Hamlin Town Hall at 220 Main St in Hamlin
- Walmart Supercenter at the Fountain Place Mall at 77 Norman Morgan Blvd in Logan
- Delbarton Police Department at Co Hwy 65/12 in Delbarton
- WV State Police Summersville Detachment at 100 Service Rd in Summersville
- WV State Police Wayne Detachment at 300 Sansom Avenue in Wayne
- Ceredo Police Department at 766 B St in Ceredo
- WV State Police Webster Springs Detachment at 5525 Webster Rd in Upperglade
- Wirt County Sheriff’s Office at 15 Court St in Elizabeth
- Waverly Volunteer Fire Department at 15425 Emerson Ave in Waverly
- Lubeck Volunteer Fire Department at 1340 Harris Hwy in Parkersburg
- CVS Pharmacy at 2323 Murdoch Ave in Parkersburg
- Mineral Wells Volunteer Fire Department at 1695 Elizabeth Pike in Mineral Wells
- Vienna Volunteer Fire Department at
- Kroger at 811 Gay St. in Portsmouth, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Scioto County Sheriff’s Office at 1025 16th Street in Portsmouth, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- McArthur Police Department at 645 W Main St in McArthur
- The Ashland Police Department at 201 17th St in Ashland
- Kentucky State Police Post 14 at 5975 US-60 in Ashland