HURRICANE, W.Va. (WOWK) – The next great American sports car made it’s West Virginia debut in Hurricane on Friday.
The car dealership, Yes Chevrolet, in Hurricane unveiled the new 2020 C8 Corvette inside their showroom this morning. The newly-redesigned mid-engine Corvette was named the 2020 North American Car of the Year.
Instead of the engine being under the hood, the engine is located behind the seats, much like a Ferrari or Lamborghini.
Chevrolet says the basic 2020 Corvette is a lot cheaper, with a base price of around $60,000. NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick bought the first 2020 Corvette, with the Vehicle Identification Number 1, last weekend at the Barrett-Jackson auto auction in Scottsdale, Arizona, for $3 million. The car was auctioned off to benefit the Detroit Children’s Fund which helps local schools in the Detroit area.
The Corvette will be on display at Yes Chevrolet today until 6 p.m.
- Mountaineer Foodbank hosts mobile food pantry for a community in need
- Shake Shoppe hosts fundraiser for WV Habitat for Humanity
- Multiple fire departments battle Kanawha County fire
- Senators push to make New River Gorge a national park and preserve
- President Trump authorizes additional disaster assistance for historic 2016 flood
- Basketball team wins fight to play in tournament
- Marshall University to play East Carolina in memory of 75 who died in plane crash
- WV House wants criminal investigation of hospital closures
- PTSD Bill passes WV House of Delegates
- “Friends” is getting a reunion