DANLEYTON, Ky. – One woman has died in a fire in Greenup County.
Kentucky State Police say they received a call around 10:30 p.m. Friday night of a fatal structure fire on Saddle Ridge in the Danleyton community of Greenup County.
Little Sandy Volunteer Fire Department Chief Randy Ashley says the fire started around 10:00 p.m. in an unattached guest home where one person was living at the time of the fire and the structure has been destroyed. The main home had minor damage.
Police say the victim, Louise B. Batchelor, 79, of Greenup County was found dead in the guest home.
No criminal activity is suspected at this time, and an autopsy for Batchelor is scheduled for a later date. This case remains under investigation.
- Ironton City Mission in need of toys
- Michael Vick will be honored as honorary Pro Bowl captain despite petition calling for his removal
- Coal miner injured in McDowell County
- Man wanted for questioning in murder case arrested by Charleston Police
- Weathersfield police say man illegally parked in handicap space had threatened President Obama
- ‘Day of the Dozens’: Krispy Kreme offering dozen doughnuts for $1 on December 12
- Vandals hit 2 Kentucky churches on same street
- Live coverage & analysis: Judiciary Committee nears impeachment vote
- Mom believes 20-year-old son died because of milk allergy
- Active weather pattern to provide rain, freezing rain & snow threats