CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – One person has been taken to the hospital following a single-vehicle crash in Charleston.
According to the Charleston Police Department, the crash happened around 8:02 p.m. Wendesday, July 1, 2020, on Interstate 64 westbound just past the Oakwood exit ramp. Officers say the driver of a Subaru Impreza lost control while negotiating the curve just past the exit.
The interstate was shut down for a period of time while crews cleared the roadway. The driver of the Subaru was transported to a local hospital to be treated for injuries, according to police.
Charleston police officers say charges are pending on the driver. The crash remains under investigation by the Charleston Police Traffic Division.
- Pres. Trump to hold Monday briefing
- Buckeye State’s COVID-19 cases edge toward 94K
- Beshear gives COVID-19 update as weekend data leans toward plateau
- Marshall County confirms first COVID-19 related death
- Logan County COVID-19 outbreak closes circuit, magistrate court
- Mingo County records 3rd COVID19 death
- Huntington firefighters test positive for COVID-19
- WATCH LIVE: Tropical Storm Isaias to become a hurricane before landfall in the Carolinas, hurricane warnings issued
- Oldest living Marine celebrates 105th birthday with drive-by salute
- Fauci says he’s ‘cautiously optimistic’ vaccine will be effective, available early 2021