SHARON, W.Va. (WOWK) – Emergency dispatch officials say the southbound lanes of I-77 on the West Virginia Turnpike were briefly shut down following a single-vehicle accident.
Officials say a tractor-trailer rolled over around 9:00 a.m. Sunday morning near the Sharon exit of I-77 southbound. One passenger was transported to a hospital for unknown injuries. No injuries were reported for the driver.
No the other vehicles were damaged in the accident, however, both southbound lanes were closed for about 15 minutes. The scene has been cleared, and the cause of the accident is still under investigation.
The West Virginia State Police, the East Bank and Cabin Creek fire departments, and Kanawha County EMS responded to the accident.
- Winter isn’t done yet as rain changes to snow this week
- Deputies search for missing man from Fayette County
- Officials: Washington Street building must be demolished
- Greenup County basketball coaches suspended following investigation into athlete’s eligibility
- Utah K-9 killed in line of duty to be buried in one-of-a-kind casket
- WVU will be one of the first universities in the nation to offer a music and health degree
- It’s sweet and savory, but would you eat it? KFC’s Chicken & Donut Sandwich
- Man facing charges after ATV chase at Mingo Central High School
- WV prescription drug cost bill moves forward
- Pro-life advocates rally at Capitol following Born-Alive bill passing