HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – Police say they have arrested the suspect in a shooting on Huntington’s west side.
Huntington Police Chief Hank Dial says Kevin Mann, a man he says is “very well known by the HPD,” has been arrested in connection with the shooting.
Emergency officials say the shooting happened around 12 p.m. near W 14th Street on W 5th Avenue where Jana Robinette, 33, was shot and taken to a hospital. There is no further information on her condition at this time.
Police say Mann and Robinette were at her apartment when a confrontation turned into gunfire. Mann was arrested this evening in Guyandotte with assistance from the Cabell County Sheriff’s Office.
- Wayne County family is bringing historic cemeteries back to life for loved ones
- Shop owner aims to sell affordable and stylish clothing
- Healthy Grandfamilies Program spreads to 55 counties; needs funding for new year
- Attorney posts video alleging Putnam County deputies violated a person’s 4th Amendment rights
- The State of the State address and Legislative plans for 2020
- U.S. Senate race in full-swing in West Virginia
- Online puppy scam prompts warning from Better Business Bureau
- Senate OKs bill to allow pepper spray at West Virginia Capitol
- Retired public employees to see cuts in health care benefits
- Two arrested after drugs, gun seized in West Portsmouth