GARRETT, Ky. (WOWK) – One person has died following a vehicle accident in Floyd County Tuesday night.
Kentucky State Police say a pedestrian was fatally struck shortly after 8:00 p.m. Tuesday evening on Kentucky Route 80 at Garrett. The Floyd County Coroner pronounced the victim dead at the scene.
Troopers say the accident investigation is in the early stages and the cause is unknown. It is also unknown or if alcohol or drugs are involved at this time, further details will be released as they become available.
- WV lawmakers consider bill creating a Flatwater Trail Commission
- Using pet photography to give back to Australia
- Police arrest wanted man and woman with help from K-9 officer
- Georgia high school senior accepted to 23 colleges, earns more than $400,000 in scholarships
- ‘BEST IN SHOW’: Siba the standard poodle won the 144th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. Here’s a look at her victory tour
- Juvenile dies in Jackson County, OH, fire
- Ayanna’s ‘infectious smile’: Father grieves the loss of daughter in Virginia homicide
- Alabama boy who spent 460 days in hospital gets homecoming parade
- Men cited for carrying firearms outside WV capitol building
- ‘Crime Pays’ tattoo guy arrested after yet another police pursuit