HUNTINGTON, WV (WOWK) – Two people are in custody after a standoff with police that occurred in Huntington.
Police arrested Derek Lee Taubert, 37, of Tennessee and Heather Nicole Dodson, 34, of Huntington. According to Huntington Police Chief Ray Cornwell, police have charged Taubert with malicious wounding and wanton engagement and Dodson with obstructing.
Cornwell says Nathaniel Adkins, 30, of Huntington, sustained a non-life-threatening injury to their head after a shooting occurring on the 1900 block of Enslow Ave. Friday evening at approximately 11:40 p.m.
According to police, the suspects ran into a house on the 1800 block of Woodmont Road and barricaded the home. The swat team was deployed and entered the house around 6 a.m. Saturday morning.
Cabell County Sheriff’s Department assisted with calls in the city while Huntington Police were dealing with this situation.
The shooting is still under investigation.
- Entire Buffalo Police Emergency Response Team resigns in support of suspended officers
- Virtual memorial service held for Annie Glenn
- War Story: World War II Veteran shares his journey through battle caused hate, to find love
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Cristobal strengthening as it moves toward Louisiana
- West Virginia sees slight uptick in positive COVID-19 cases, total recovered continues to rise
- Ohio corrections employee tests positive for COVID-19, inmates quarantined
- UPDATE: Four people shot in parking lot of Ironton bar, one in custody
- WARNING: Poisonous plants blooming soon in Central Ohio
- Ohio man shot after confrontation at residence
- VIDEO: Amazon trailers go up in flames in massive fire at commercial building