Update at 12:01 p.m., May 26, 2020: The Appalachian Power Company now says damage to an additional pole will push the estimated restoration time to later this evening.
KANAWHA COUNTY, WV (WOWK) — Rutledge Road is closed now until further notice for maintenance due to multiple trees falling down in the area.
The road is closed from Jericho Drive to Ridgedale Lane. There are currently 539 customers without power as of 9 a.m. in Kanawha County, according to Appalachian Power.
Damage in the area includes at least four poles, including three spans of downed wire, three broken cross arms, and one broken pole top, according to Phil Moye of Appalachian Power.
Repairs could be completed around 2 p.m.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 1,294 new cases, 16 additional deaths
- More CPD officers test positive for COVID
- Mid-American Conference cancels fall football due to virus
- 22nd annual Logan Shrine Club Memorial golf outing to benefit children suffering from diseases
- Cupcake shop celebrates 10 year anniversary
- 13 News Now webcast, Friday, Aug. 7: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- WV Corrections continues close watch on COVID-19 numbers at jail
- Shop back to school: tax-free holiday weekend begins in Ohio
- Pioneer Football League cancels Fall league schedule
- WVSU students react to potential TikTok ban