HUNTINGTON, WV (WOWK) – Nexstar Media Group, Inc. announced its wholly-owned subsidiary, Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc., will select the winner of its “Remarkable Women” initiative 3 p.m Wednesday, May 6, 2020, during the national telecast of “The Mel Robbins Show.”
Designed to honor the outstanding contributions women have made to local communities and the country, the three-month nationwide campaign generated 10,000 nominations across 113 Nexstar television markets.
The “Remarkable Women” initiative celebrates local women that inspire, lead, and pave the way for other women to succeed. Throughout the initiative, WOWK devoted a special section to videos and highlights of the four nominees from their local community.
WOWK would like to congratulate our Remarkable Women finalist fire chief Jan Rader. Rader made history by becoming West Virginia’s first female fire chief. She has served with the Huntington Fire Department for more than 22 years and credits her parent’s dedication to their community for her love of public service.
We’re rooting for you, Jan! We hope you are, too!
- Kentucky Gov. to give update on protests, ‘Healthy at Work’ status
- Confederate monuments targeted by protests come down
- DeWine: Ohio ‘fully intends to have school in the fall’
- Parents arrested after 10-year-old tests positive for meth
- Coronavirus in Ohio Tuesday update: 36,350 cases, 2,258 deaths reported
- Tropical Storm Cristobal forms in Gulf of Mexico
- Athletes join protest in Morgantown
- Amsted Rail invests in West Virginia company
- WV National Guard investigates ‘inflammatory comments’ regarding national protests
- Kentucky motorists encouraged to renew license through mail