CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK, AP) – Be ready for some traffic backups on eastbound I-64 going into downtown Charleston this morning and throughout the rest of the week.
The eastbound slow lane approaching the Big Blue Bridge closed starting at 10:00 a.m. for road repairs and is set to reopen at 3 p.m. this afternoon. The same closure will be in effect through Friday, with more closures through the weekend.
The eastbound middle and left lanes will be closed from Friday at 10 p.m. until Sunday at noon. The road’s exit and entrance ramps will remain open. Officials are asking drivers to remain alert on the bridge and watch for construction workers
That 10 a.m. start time should allow most commuters to escape the lane closures. The work is needed to make repairs to the bridge deck. Emergency repairs late last week caused major delays.
- Kentucky governor taking nominations for higher ed boards
- Community starts GoFundMe page following Capital Boys Basketball Team Robbery
- Harvey Weinstein found guilty in landmark #MeToo moment
- 2 cheetah cubs born at the Columbus Zoo via in vitro fertilization and embryo transfers
- Officials propose 16 changes to hunting, fishing regulations
- Injured hiker crawls for 8 hours before rescue
- Katherine Johnson, one of NASA Langley’s ‘Hidden Figures,’ dies at 101
- Trump’s India visit prioritizes pageantry over policy
- Two elk illegally killed in Kentucky; authorities offer reward
- Henrico toddler walks again after being shot in the head during drive-by shooting: ‘It’s a miracle’