KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WOWK) — UPDATE 10:20 a.m.: Kanawha County Schools says the precautionary lockdown has been lifted.
ORIGINAL STORY: Three schools in Cross Lanes are on lockdown after dispatchers say shots were fired in the 5300 block of Dalewood Drive.
Dispatchers say the call came in around 8:30 am on Friday, January 17, 2020. Kanawha County Sheriff’s Deputies are looking for a suspect. At this time, there are no reports of any injuries.
As of 9:20 am on Friday, January 17, 2020, Cross Lanes Elementary, Pt. Harmony Elementary, and Andrew Jackson Middle School are on a precautionary lockdown.
- LIVE: Candidates answer tough questions in Democratic presidential primary debate
- Megan Boswell tells News Channel 11 she is pregnant, claims she was unable to take polygraph because of it
- Update on bumper cars in South Charleston
- Ohio lawmakers propose banning transgender athletes from girls and women’s sports
- More people turn to crowdfunding to help with medical expenses
- FDA accuses Jimmy John’s of serving vegetables linked to E. coli and salmonella outbreaks
- HB 136 continues ‘tough sell’ to Kentucky Senate
- ‘Remarkable Woman’: Dr. Sherri Young
- WV House approves Bible course elective for high schools
- Desperate to stop virus’ spread, countries limit travel