CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – The National Weather Service is reporting strong thunderstorms are affecting parts of our viewing area with winds in excess of 40 mph and penny-sized hail are possible.
Reports are coming in through the Kanawha County Dispatch of blocked roads, such as Smith Creek Road in Tornado where there are trees and logs across the roadway blocking both lanes. Dispatch also says high water is expected in many areas and asks people to remember to turn around if you come to standing water or high water.
Dispatch says high water has closed Seventh Avenue in Saint Albans between the 800 to 1000 blocks.
Take a look at some of the photos our viewers have sent in of the hail storm:
Viewer Bobbi Pittman also shared some video of a hail storm in Hurricane, WV.
- Man, 22, charged with murder after police chase leaves mother of six dead
- Protesters hold ‘Stroll to the Poll’ event, encouraging voters to cast early ballots
- State tests over 1,600 of state’s vulnerable population
- Next court appearance set for father of man accused of fatal Waffle House shooting
- Officer saves choking child while on lunch break at Olive Garden
- Greenup County, KY man arrested for drug trafficking
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 38,111 cases, 2,370 deaths reported
- Walmart pledges $100 million to advance racial equity
- Suspended Buffalo Police officers charged with second-degree assault
- Entire Buffalo Police Emergency Response Team resigns in support of suspended officers