CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) The Charleston Police Department has arrested two people following a stabbing at the Transit Mall.
Police say a female was stabbed in the back around 9:00 a.m. this morning at the Transit Mall. They say the victim, Kristie Viramethi, was stable and coherent transported to a hospital.
According to Charleston Police, they have taken a suspect, Tara Dunkle, into custody, and the victim and suspect were known to each other. Police say Dunkle is being charged w malicious wounding for the stabbing.
Police also say a man who is not associated with the victim was arrested at the scene as well. The suspect’s fiancé, Billy Adams, had capiases through the Charleston municipal court for possession of controlled substance x2, petit larceny, and trespassing. Police say they found marijuana on Adams today, so he will also receive a new possession charge.
- New senate committee to fix and strengthen West Virginia’s foster care system
- Kentucky state police warn drivers to slow down in work zones
- House Bill 4078 would put a cap on co-pays for insulin in West Virginia
- A West Virginia group wants to rewrite history and pardon John Brown
- Economic discussions in the legislative session, plus a warm welcome to Charleston
- Charleston community members and state leaders march to remember MLK Jr.
- WV lawmakers try to lower prescription drug costs
- Possible pipe bomb materials found during Jackson County, West Virginia drug arrest
- Troubled Kentucky jail improves under new leadership
- Family Policy Council of West Virginia president files to run against Shelley Moore Capito