CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) — The two right lanes of I-77 NB near mile marker 99 in Kanawha County are closed after a tree uprooted, falling into the roadway. DOH crews on scene say the tree hit a a moving tractor-trailer. It happened near the Greenbrier exit.
Right now, the left hand lane is moving along slowly, therefore delays are to be expected.
DOH crews say they hope to have the road cleared around 7 am. Officials say no serious injuries were reported and police on scene say they do not believe the driver of the semi-truck was transported to the hospital.
- Fall camp opens Monday for Mountaineers
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights, adds them to ‘no-fly’ list for refusing to wear masks
- Enhanced COVID testing returns to South Central Regional Jail
- Marshall’s Child Development Academy temporally closes due to COVID
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 100,848 cases now reported in the state
- 5.1 earthquake felt across North Carolina
- COVID-19 claims 8 more lives in West Virginia
- South Charleston’s Aaliyah Dunham earns spot on Big East All-Academic team
- Marshall Football schedule impacted by COVID-19 & MAC cancellations
- Rock Hill Girls Basketball holds inaugural golf outing