CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – Kanawha County Judge Tera Salango’s office says that two men have been sentenced after being found guilty of murder in a 2017 shooting.
Jayrionte Thomas and Marcus Young, both of Detroit, were sentenced to life in prison without a recommendation of mercy for the shooting death of Terrell Davenport.
The shooting happened near the West Side Market and Deli on 7th Avenue in December 2017. The two men were arrested in Detroit by US Marshals in the following weeks.
- Remembering a volunteer firefighter who was taken too soon
- Wayne County family is bringing historic cemeteries back to life for loved ones
- Shop owner aims to sell affordable and stylish clothing
- Healthy Grandfamilies Program spreads to 55 counties; needs funding for new year
- Attorney posts video alleging Putnam County deputies violated a person’s 4th Amendment rights
- The State of the State address and Legislative plans for 2020
- U.S. Senate race in full-swing in West Virginia
- Online puppy scam prompts warning from Better Business Bureau
- Senate OKs bill to allow pepper spray at West Virginia Capitol
- Retired public employees to see cuts in health care benefits