UPDATE – 05/19/2020 @ 12:20 pm:
A Kentucky Department of Transportation Spokesperson says all four lanes of US 60 in Boyd County near the KYOVA Mall are back open after downed utility lines caused a road closure a little before 8 a.m. Tuesday morning.
ORIGINAL – 05/19/2020 @ 9:45 am:
BOYD COUNTY, KY (WOWK) – All four lanes of US 60 in Boyd County near the Kyova Mall at Cannonsburg are blocked until further notice due to downed utility lines.
The down utility lines are between Burger King and Whayne Supply. Utility companies are responding with emergency officials on the scene detouring traffic.
Eastbound U.S. 60 traffic is being rerouted from Wolohan Drive to KY 3291 and westbound U.S. 60 traffic is being diverted to Midland Trail at the mall.
Traffic connecting from the Cannonsburg area to Ashland should seek detours until further notice. All I-64 traffic connecting to Ashland should use Exit 191 at Catlettsburg.
Motorists should expect the road to be closed for several hours.
- Fall camp opens Monday for Mountaineers
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights, adds them to ‘no-fly’ list for refusing to wear masks
- Enhanced COVID testing returns to South Central Regional Jail
- Marshall’s Child Development Academy temporally closes due to COVID
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 100,848 cases now reported in the state
- 5.1 earthquake felt across North Carolina
- COVID-19 claims 8 more lives in West Virginia
- South Charleston’s Aaliyah Dunham earns spot on Big East All-Academic team
- Marshall Football schedule impacted by COVID-19 & MAC cancellations
- Rock Hill Girls Basketball holds inaugural golf outing