UPDATE – 05/19/2020 @ 12:20 pm:
A Kentucky Department of Transportation Spokesperson says all four lanes of US 60 in Boyd County near the KYOVA Mall are back open after downed utility lines caused a road closure a little before 8 a.m. Tuesday morning.
ORIGINAL – 05/19/2020 @ 9:45 am:
BOYD COUNTY, KY (WOWK) – All four lanes of US 60 in Boyd County near the Kyova Mall at Cannonsburg are blocked until further notice due to downed utility lines.
The down utility lines are between Burger King and Whayne Supply. Utility companies are responding with emergency officials on the scene detouring traffic.
Eastbound U.S. 60 traffic is being rerouted from Wolohan Drive to KY 3291 and westbound U.S. 60 traffic is being diverted to Midland Trail at the mall.
Traffic connecting from the Cannonsburg area to Ashland should seek detours until further notice. All I-64 traffic connecting to Ashland should use Exit 191 at Catlettsburg.
Motorists should expect the road to be closed for several hours.
- Customers excited to see several Capitol Street businesses back open
- More Covid-19 testing coming to all West Virginia prisons and jails
- Kanawha County lunch program plans to feed thousands this summer
- Positive COVID-19 cases in Randolph County continue to increase
- Ohio Lt. Gov. explains the difference between absentee ballots and voting by mail
- Gov. Beshear to give daily 5 p.m. update on reopening Kentucky
- WATCH LIVE: Authorities give update on the death of George Floyd amidst violent protests in Minneapolis
- Trump escalates war on Twitter, social media protections
- Board of Health approves grants to pay healthcare staff overtime
- Man learns his license plate has a twin when another driver’s bills arrive