LAWRENCE COUNTY, OH (WOWK) — With heavy rains making their way into the area this week, high water is always a concern on roads.
As of the morning of Wednesday, May 20, 2020, mile marker 12 on SR 93 in Lawrence County is closed due to high water.
Officials want to remind folks that they should never drive through high water, heeding the warning, “turn around, don’t drown.”
The high water, however, didn’t stop several people from attempting to drive through it. Out of 8 cars 13 News Reporter Shannon Litton saw out Wednesday morning, only one of them turned around to find an alternate detour to their destination.
- Trump escalates war on Twitter, social media protections
- Board of Health approves grants to pay healthcare staff overtime
- Man learns his license plate has a twin when another driver’s bills arrive
- TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Home Goods to reopen most stores by end of June
- WV attorney general warns of fake COVID-19 contact tracer texting scam
- Boston Marathon canceled for 1st time in 124-year history
- Ohio to begin outdoor visitation at assisted living, intermediate care facilities next month
- City of Huntington Development Office sets virtual public hearings
- Former TV weatherman sentenced to at least 4 years in child porn case
- Coronavirus in Ohio Thursday update: 33,915 cases, 2,098 deaths reported