NITRO, W.Va. (WOWK) – A massive road project is about to get underway on a busy stretch of I-64.
Three miles of roadway will be widened including the Nitro – St. Albans bridge. A 20 million dollar grant from the United States Department of Transportation will help pay for the multi-million dollar project. It is expected to relieve traffic in an area that has been a problem spot for motorists for years.
The project is set to be completed by October 2023.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Tuesday update: Gov. DeWine to hold briefing
- Tropical Storm Cristobal forms in Gulf of Mexico
- Athletes join protest in Morgantown
- Amsted Rail invests in West Virginia company
- WV National Guard investigates ‘inflammatory comments’ regarding national protests
- Kentucky motorists encouraged to renew license through mail
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather to pay for George Floyd’s funeral
- Man arrested on drug charge in Meigs County
- Photos: More violence shakes the US
- WGN America announces news anchors, correspondents for national newscast ‘News Nation’ launching in September