NITRO, W.Va. (WOWK) – A massive road project is about to get underway on a busy stretch of I-64.
Three miles of roadway will be widened including the Nitro – St. Albans bridge. A 20 million dollar grant from the United States Department of Transportation will help pay for the multi-million dollar project. It is expected to relieve traffic in an area that has been a problem spot for motorists for years.
The project is set to be completed by October 2023.
- Ohio House OKs bill expanding religious freedom in schools
- BridgeValley CTC plans to relocate Kanawha Valley campus to downtown Charleston
- FCC Chairman in West Virginia to look at broadband and cell problems
- West Virginia library cancels drag queen event after violent threats
- Teens plead not guilty in death of woman at Ohio state park
- First responders practice water rescue skills
- Officials ID one of the victims killed at California school
- Ohio couple allegedly beat, starved 47-pound 11-year-old girl
- Rare buck with three antlers photographed
- Former West Virginia deputy found guilty of distributing heroin to confidential informants