CLAY COUNTY, W.Va. (WOWK) – West Virginia State Police say a complaint of a missing person has lead to an investigation surrounding a double-murder and suicide in Clay County.
The Clay County detachment of the WVSP received a missing person’s complaint regarding the victim Alecxandria Auxier, 28, of Indore around noon Friday, October 11, 2019. Upon further investigation, WVSP members discovered that on or around September 30, 2019, the victims, Auxier and Michael Sumpter, 26, of Burnsville, W.Va. were murdered by the suspect, Joshua Foster, 30, of Lizemore, W.Va. over an unknown dispute at the suspect’s residence.
Police say the suspect concealed the victims, then committed suicide Tuesday, October 1, 2019. This investigation is ongoing.
- New resort makes Wayne County a vacation destination
- Semi overturns near Buffalo Bridge in Putnam County
- Students attend the Charleston PD’s annual “Powerama”
- Governor Justice unveils Jobs & Hope WV program
- Trump tweets support for Kentucky governor in election
- New study: Opioid crisis cost US economy $631B over 4 years
- Disturbing new details in Clarksburg VA Hospital deaths
- Cabell County corn maze may close after this year
- Charleston begins abandoned home demolition
- WVU fraternity charter revoked because of alcohol-related violations