CLAY COUNTY, W.Va. (WOWK) – West Virginia State Police say a complaint of a missing person has lead to an investigation surrounding a double-murder and suicide in Clay County.
The Clay County detachment of the WVSP received a missing person’s complaint regarding the victim Alecxandria Auxier, 28, of Indore around noon Friday, October 11, 2019. Upon further investigation, WVSP members discovered that on or around September 30, 2019, the victims, Auxier and Michael Sumpter, 26, of Burnsville, W.Va. were murdered by the suspect, Joshua Foster, 30, of Lizemore, W.Va. over an unknown dispute at the suspect’s residence.
Police say the suspect concealed the victims, then committed suicide Tuesday, October 1, 2019. This investigation is ongoing.
- Linda Tripp, whose tapes exposed Clinton scandal, dies at 70
- ‘Apricot Ribbon Campaign’ launched to support healthcare workers on COVID-19’s front lines
- Nickelodeon activities your kids will love
- Boyd County confirms two new COVID-19 cases
- 204 new COVID-19 cases, eight additional deaths confirmed in Kentucky
- WATCH LIVE: White House holds coronavirus task force briefing
- COVID-19 in Kentucky: Beshear gives daily update
- West Virginia has another ‘hot spot’ for Covid-19 cases
- Kanawha County confirmed COVID-19 cases rise to 76
- Thousands of people sign up for free seeds during COVID-19 shutdown