INSTITUTE, W.Va. (AP) – The president of West Virginia State University is leaving the school next year. A news release from the college on Monday said President Anthony L. Jenkins has been chosen to lead Coppin State University in Maryland.
Jenkins has been president of WVSU since July 2016. He’s credited with starting the school’s first nursing and engineering programs. He also oversaw a $10 million renovation of the school that included a new research building. Jenkins starts as president of Coppin State University in summer 2020.
- Cleveland Indians look into changing name amid pressure
- 8-year-old killed in shooting at Riverchase Galleria, 3 others injured
- Video: Starfish at Garden City beach touch arm tips, then one takes shape of banana peel
- Couple gets COVID-19, mother gives birth before dying of virus
- Jimmie Johnson first NASCAR driver to test positive for COVID-19
- Route 60 Ramble aims to make West Virginian’s tourists in their backyards
- West Virginia man charged after allegedly shooting son
- Solar power conversion underway at iconic West Virginia business
- “State-of-the-art” fitness center awarded to Wurtland Middle School
- 13 News Now webcast, Friday, July 3: Live at 9 p.m. EST