INSTITUTE, W.Va. (AP) – The president of West Virginia State University is leaving the school next year. A news release from the college on Monday said President Anthony L. Jenkins has been chosen to lead Coppin State University in Maryland.
Jenkins has been president of WVSU since July 2016. He’s credited with starting the school’s first nursing and engineering programs. He also oversaw a $10 million renovation of the school that included a new research building. Jenkins starts as president of Coppin State University in summer 2020.
- One injured in Huntington stabbing
- Ohio criminal reform bill losses support after amendments
- Man accused of slapping Georgia news reporter on backside arrested
- All lanes of I-64 W reopened after Tractor-Trailer crash near Dunbar-South Charleston bridge
- Ohio wins appeal rehearing on Down syndrome abortion ban
- Governor Justice, former Acting Attorney General of the U.S. issue statement on residency lawsuit
- 2019 WOWK Toys for Tots Drive ends with success
- Neighbors of ‘Home Alone’ house share behind-the-scenes video of iconic movie 30 years later
- Baby born at 12:12 on 12-12 during last full moon of the decade
- Wyoming: 31 Blackjewel workers still owed $164,000