CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – Today was the 78th Veteran’s Day Parade in the Capitol City. Immediately following the parade, there was a ceremony at Haddad Riverfront Park. Many veterans were proudly wearing their military uniforms, and hundreds gathered to show their support and appreciation for those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.
All branches come together and it’s the greatest family to be apart of.”Corina Whittington, Current Staff Sgt. Army National Guard
After the program ended there was a pinning for all of the Vietnam Veterans that never got a proper welcome home. The pinning was completed by Senator Capito.
- DHHR reports slight increase in positive COVID-19 cases
- Louisville PD apologizes for targeting news crew at protest
- DeWine: National Guard, Ohio State Patrol move into Columbus
- Americans return to space in their own ride!
- Juvenile charged in Huntington homicide
- Protest against police violence now happening in Huntington
- Rep. Joyce Beatty, Columbus City Council President Hardin pepper-sprayed during protest
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 35,034 cases, 2,149 deaths
- Chicago mayor slams Trump over tweet concerning shooting protesters
- WATCH: NASA launches 2 astronauts into orbit on SpaceX rocket for historic mission