CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – Today was the 78th Veteran’s Day Parade in the Capitol City. Immediately following the parade, there was a ceremony at Haddad Riverfront Park. Many veterans were proudly wearing their military uniforms, and hundreds gathered to show their support and appreciation for those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.
All branches come together and it’s the greatest family to be apart of.”Corina Whittington, Current Staff Sgt. Army National Guard
After the program ended there was a pinning for all of the Vietnam Veterans that never got a proper welcome home. The pinning was completed by Senator Capito.
- Joe Burrow Wins 2019 Heisman Trophy
- Fire breaks out at under-construction Texas Rangers park
- 5-year-old sells cookies & hot cocoa to raise money to pay off classmates’ negative lunch balances of her classmates
- Mountain Mission hands out holiday food baskets
- Mobile Food Pantry feeds hundreds of families in Berkeley County
- Liquid meth found inside transmission fluid, coolant containers
- Shooting inside Ohio home leaves 3 men dead
- One injured in Huntington stabbing
- Ohio criminal reform bill losses support after amendments
- Man accused of slapping Georgia news reporter on backside arrested