CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – Today was the 78th Veteran’s Day Parade in the Capitol City. Immediately following the parade, there was a ceremony at Haddad Riverfront Park. Many veterans were proudly wearing their military uniforms, and hundreds gathered to show their support and appreciation for those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.
All branches come together and it’s the greatest family to be apart of.”Corina Whittington, Current Staff Sgt. Army National Guard
After the program ended there was a pinning for all of the Vietnam Veterans that never got a proper welcome home. The pinning was completed by Senator Capito.
- Shake Shoppe hosts fundraiser for WV Habitat for Humanity
- Multiple fire departments battle Kanawha County fire
- Senators push to make New River Gorge a national park and preserve
- President Trump authorizes additional disaster assistance for historic 2016 flood
- Basketball team wins fight to play in tournament
- Marshall University to play East Carolina in memory of 75 who died in plane crash
- WV House wants criminal investigation of hospital closures
- PTSD Bill passes WV House of Delegates
- “Friends” is getting a reunion
- Fire at Kentucky prison forces inmates to be relocated