(WJW) – The Strawberry Moon will appear Friday.
It is the last full moon in spring and also known as the full moon in June.
According to the Farmer’s Almanac, the Algonquin tribes called it the Strawberry Moon because of the fruit’s harvest season, which takes place around this time.
The Old Farmer’s Almanac has an online tool to help you find out when moonrise and moonset will occur in your area.
The Strawberry Moon is one of the most colorful moons of the year because of its low, shallow path across the sky.
- St. Albans Police investigating after body found in Kanawha River
- Even during pandemic beekeeping remains an essential service
- One in four teachers at risk of serious illness if infected with COVID-19
- One death, 72 new cases of virus in Mountain State
- Here’s how to keep your pets cool and safe this summer
- ‘Herd That’ bounced from TBT after falling to Overseas Elite 93-76
- 6-year-old inspired by Positive Actions creates refreshment stand for her West Virginia community
- What does the COVID-19 swab test feel like?
- Pathologist found blood clots in ‘almost every organ’ during autopsies on COVID-19 patients
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 64,214 cases, 3,036 deaths