UPDATE, MAY 30, 9 a.m.: According to the Charleston Police Department, Casey Adkins, 28, of Hamlin, was treated and released from a local hospital after receiving multiple stab wounds.
According to a statement sent to 13 News, Adkins said an unknown black male approached him as he walked in the area of Washington Street East and Ruffner Avenue.
“The victim and suspect were attempting to engage in a drug transaction when the suspect stabbed the victim,” CPD Lt. Tony Hazelett said in the statement. “The suspect fled the scene on foot, heading
north on Ruffner Avenue.
Police asks anyone with information to contact Metro Communications, 304-348-8111 or the
Charleston Police Department Criminal Investigation, 304-348-6480.
CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) —A man was stabbed three times at a store Friday evening in Charleston.
The incident occurred at 1503, Washington St E, according to dispatchers.
The victim was transferred to a local hospital.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Death of 5-year-old not first involving Scioto County Children Services
- Gov. Beshear: Mask mandate in effect, despite judge’s order
- West Virginia student-athletes rally outside of the Capitol
- High school sports to re-open; bar & restaurant limits on tables in WV COVID-19 spike
- Neighbors react after grandparents charged in death 5-year-old girl
- 157 new cases of virus in 24 hours; Monongalia County sees spike
- Orioles name John Means starter for Opening Day
- WVDNR announces 2020 Antlerless Deer Season limited permit area applications
- ‘Life jackets worn, nobody mourns’: Officials urge open water safety
- Meet the new WV State Health Officer and Commissioner of DHHR