Washington, DC (WOWK) – U.S. Senator Joe Manchin, D-WV, has launched a public awareness campaign encouraging all West Virginians to wear masks in public to help curb the spread of COVID-19.
Senator Manchin released a public service announcement as part of the campaign launch featuring West Virginians stating the importance of wearing a face mask in public.
The public service announcement features:
- Bob Huggins, West Virginia University men’s basketball coach
- Gayle Manchin, Senator Manchin’s wife and former First Lady of West Virginia
- Ivin Lee, former Executive Director of the West Virginia Human Rights Commission
- Amanda Stolzenfels, a teacher in Taylor County
- Wolford “Stan” East, a coal miner in Pineville
- Dr. Kevin W. Yingling, MD, an internal medicine specialist in Huntington
- Liam Phalen, a student in Kanawha County
- and David Thompson, a school service personnel in Wayne County
The campaign uses social hashtag #MaskUpWV to assist in promoting the public awareness issue.