Huntington, W.Va. (WOWK) Marshall University welcomed its newest crop of graduates Saturday morning at the Big Sandy Superstore arena in Huntington.
More 1,200 students celebrated the successful achievement of their higher education at MU at the 2019 Winter Commencement.
Of this year’s graduating class, 735 are undergraduates and 463 are receiving graduate degrees.
Registrar Dr. Sonja Cantrell-Johnson said 235 students will graduate with honors, and six students completed their baccalaureate degrees with perfect 4.0 GPAs: Mariah Nicole Cook, Brooke Jordan Hypes, Emily Makala Morgan, Carrington Nicole Napier, Scarlett Victoria Scarberry, Rachel Spychalski.
- Remains identified as missing Oak Hill man
- Trump impeachment trial: Senate to debate rules, procedures ahead of opening statements
- Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital to close
- West Virginia House of Delegates passes bill to lower prescription drug prices
- Man dies after falling into chemical tank at Dayton business
- Funding announced for broadband expansion in West Virginia
- Charleston Police respond to possible shooting at Renaissance Circle
- New senate committee to fix and strengthen West Virginia’s foster care system
- Kentucky state police warn drivers to slow down in work zones
- House Bill 4078 would put a cap on co-pays for insulin in West Virginia