Huntington, W.Va. (WOWK) Marshall University welcomed its newest crop of graduates Saturday morning at the Big Sandy Superstore arena in Huntington.
More 1,200 students celebrated the successful achievement of their higher education at MU at the 2019 Winter Commencement.
Of this year’s graduating class, 735 are undergraduates and 463 are receiving graduate degrees.
Registrar Dr. Sonja Cantrell-Johnson said 235 students will graduate with honors, and six students completed their baccalaureate degrees with perfect 4.0 GPAs: Mariah Nicole Cook, Brooke Jordan Hypes, Emily Makala Morgan, Carrington Nicole Napier, Scarlett Victoria Scarberry, Rachel Spychalski.
- Marshall University Athletics: One positive COVID-19 result
- WVU lands Arizona grad transfer Fields
- Double sexual assault trial begins for former Marshall student
- Two local men arrested in child trafficking cases
- 103-year-old woman celebrates birthday with first tattoo, first motorcycle ride
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump pulled from briefing; A look at the future of college football
- Six new deaths from virus reported in the Mountain State
- What do the kids say? K-12 students speak out on going back to school
- DMV mistake involving empty chair goes viral
- Unsolicited face masks from China arriving in mailboxes