WHITLEY CITY, KY (WOWK) – Police have charged a Pine Knot man with attempted murder after he allegedly shot at a Kentucky State Trooper Friday morning.
Christopher A. Phillips, 35, has been charged with attempted murder of a police officer, possession of a stolen firearm, fleeing and evading in the first degree and resisting arrest.
According to police, as the trooper tried to arrest Phillips on felony charges, Phillips shot at the trooper and shots were exchanged with police. Phillips ran from the area, but was later arrested without incident.
The incident did not result in any injuries.
Police transported Phillips to the McCreary County Detention Center.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 100,848 cases now reported in the state
- 5.1 earthquake felt across North Carolina
- COVID-19 claims 8 more lives in West Virginia
- South Charleston’s Aaliyah Dunham earns spot on Big East All-Academic team
- Marshall Football schedule impacted by COVID-19 & MAC cancellations
- Rock Hill Girls Basketball holds inaugural golf outing
- Ohio University student-athletes protest against police brutality
- 6th annual backpack giveaway takes place in North Charleston
- County Day Report Center employee tests positive for COVID
- TikTok to file lawsuit against Trump Administration over order banning app in US