WALTON COUNTY, FL (WJW) — A missing 3-year-old boy with autism — wearing only a diaper — was found a mile from his home accompanied by his family’s two dogs this week.
WJHG reports that several law enforcement agencies, along with family and neighbors, searched for several hours.
In a Facebook post, the Walton County Sheriff’s Office stated:
“The child was last seen wearing only a diaper. There was approximately an hour time gap between when the child was last seen and when our agency was called.
Walton Correctional Institution has been asked to bring their K9 Teams to assist.”
WJHG reports a neighbor finally found the little boy safe.
The sheriff’s office posted: “A safe return home. The dog(sic) was found still with the child. ♥️ Scene cleared.”
WJHG reports the boy’s family said he was found with their two dogs, Buckwheat and Nala, still in his diaper. He was not injured.
For more from WJHG, click here.
- Search for suspects in Kanawha County burglary underway
- Sheriff: Phone scammers pretending to be deputies
- Parents need help flying preemie babies born in Utah home to Florida
- 25,000+ WV businesses get federal COVID-19 aid
- Man says he was threatened with noose, called racial slurs
- COVID-19 can float in the air, and the WHO should clearly tell people that, experts say
- Coronavirus in Ohio Monday update: 57,956 total cases, 2,927 deaths
- Coronavirus House Calls returns in primetime special ‘Combating the Comeback’
- Feeling short-changed? COVID-19 causing nationwide coin shortage
- No more delays — July 15 is Tax Day. What to know about the deadline