ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A missing 3-year-old boy was found by an officer in a pond a block away from his home and was pronounced dead in the hospital shortly after.
The St. Petersburg Police Department responded to a home at Lakewood Estates around 11:30 a.m. Sunday for the missing boy.
An officer found Malik Brown in a pond on Alcazar Way South around 11:40 a.m., about a block and a half away from his home.
The child was transported to the hospital but was later pronounced dead.
- St. Albans Festival of Lights shines bright
- WATCH: Where did it come from? Mysterious monolith discovered in remote area of Utah
- Video lottery revenue skyrocketing
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19
- World-renowned opera singer Renée Fleming using music to help those suffering from neurological disorders