ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) – Police say a 17-year-old has been shot and killed inside a garage at an Ohio house.
Elyria police responded to a shooting around 8:30 a.m. Sunday where they found the teenager with a gunshot wound to his face in an unattached garage. Police say medical personnel declared him dead at the scene. His name is being withheld until relatives could be notified.
Police say several people at the house were taken in for questioning and a 17-year-old at the scene was arrested on a charge of tampering with evidence. He was being held at a juvenile detention facility pending a hearing in Lorain County Juvenile Court.
Authorities haven’t released information on the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
- Ohio diocese ordered to release files on 14 accused priests
- West Virginia Governor declares Christmas Eve state holiday for public employees
- Shipping deadlines for Christmas shopping approaching soon
- Kentucky State Police: Golden Alert Cancelled – Man Found Safe
- Rare West Virginia deer harvest sparks major controversy online
- LIVE COVERAGE: Judiciary Committee begins deliberations on articles of impeachment
- Tax cuts and tax increases will be debated in West Virginia Legislative Session
- Ohio no longer considering opioid settlement protection fund
- Brother chases, captures man who allegedly broke in and sexually assaulted his sleeping sister
- Mountain Health Network new naming rights sponsor for Huntington arena