ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) – Police say a 17-year-old has been shot and killed inside a garage at an Ohio house.
Elyria police responded to a shooting around 8:30 a.m. Sunday where they found the teenager with a gunshot wound to his face in an unattached garage. Police say medical personnel declared him dead at the scene. His name is being withheld until relatives could be notified.
Police say several people at the house were taken in for questioning and a 17-year-old at the scene was arrested on a charge of tampering with evidence. He was being held at a juvenile detention facility pending a hearing in Lorain County Juvenile Court.
Authorities haven’t released information on the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
- Have a safe July 4th but remember…
- Myrtle Beach to require face masks in stores, restaurants, common areas
- Fauci: New mutation may allow COVID-19 to more easily replicate
- Kroger employee in WV tests positive for COVID-19
- Gov. DeWine releases guidelines for Ohio schools reopening in the fall
- Broadcaster Hugh Downs dies at 99
- Trump says he looks like the Lone Ranger in a mask and likes it
- Coronavirus in Ohio Thursday update: Gov. DeWine holds briefing, announces plans for schools
- Gov. Justice: Masks could become mandatory in buildings
- Mayor Ginther to sign executive order making wearing masks mandatory in Columbus public spaces