LEBANON, Ohio (AP) – Authorities in an Ohio county say two teens have been shot outside a residence in early morning hours and that one has died.
The Warren County sheriff’s office says the second teen was hospitalized after being critically wounded. Chief Deputy Barry Riley says that a caller around 2:50 a.m. Friday reported “prowlers.”
Riley says in a statement that investigators determined there had been gunfire before the call. He describes the investigation as “rapidly evolving” across multiple jurisdictions roughly 30 miles (48 kilometers) northeast of Cincinnati.
The slain youth was a student at the Warren County Career Center.
- Warming station in Charleston keeps nearly 50 people warm during cold snap
- West Virginia Attorney General joins AGs in coalitions to keep abortion regulation with states
- Ibex offers more than 100 new jobs in Charleston
- MLK Day starts early in Portsmouth with silent march
- Salvation Army opens its doors as warming center in Charleston
- Semi-pro football team hosts 2020 season tryouts
- Ohio protesters believe police are covering up truth in 14-year-old’s death
- Kanawha County man charged with shooting husband of his niece in the leg
- WVU grad spreads positivity through launching own clothing line
- ‘West Virginia Can’t Wait’ movement makes its stand in the State Capitol