LEBANON, Ohio (AP) – Authorities in an Ohio county say two teens have been shot outside a residence in early morning hours and that one has died.
The Warren County sheriff’s office says the second teen was hospitalized after being critically wounded. Chief Deputy Barry Riley says that a caller around 2:50 a.m. Friday reported “prowlers.”
Riley says in a statement that investigators determined there had been gunfire before the call. He describes the investigation as “rapidly evolving” across multiple jurisdictions roughly 30 miles (48 kilometers) northeast of Cincinnati.
The slain youth was a student at the Warren County Career Center.
- Stein Mart files for bankruptcy amid pandemic turmoil
- OSU cuts class sizes, will test on-campus students weekly to fight COVID-19
- Newsfeed Now: Man hangs off semi; Biden picks running mate
- WV DHHR: Six more deaths reported from COVID-19
- COVID-19 outbreak at nursing home in Scioto County
- Media mogul Sumner Redstone dies at 97
- Sexual assault trial of former Marshall student continues
- Pregnant woman fatally hit by car
- How Biden chose Harris: Inside his search for a running mate
- Take a look inside the new WVU football locker room