GROVEPORT, OH (WCMH) — Madison Township police say an alligator was found in the basement of a Groveport home.
According to the Madison Township Police Department, on Thursday, officers received a report of an alligator being penned in the basement of a residence.
The Ohio Department of Agriculture was notified, and informed police residents did not have a valid exotic animal permit required by the state.
Ohio wildlife officials responded to the scene where the property owner voluntarily surrendered the animal.
The 25-year-old alligator will be sent to an animal sanctuary in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, according to police.
- Local race group launches first “social-distance” 5k
- Woman walks into hospital with multiple gunshot wounds
- Two arrests made after shooting and overnight standoff
- Shutting down Kanawha Boulevard, having space to walk while social distancing
- Should I be tested for COVID-19? 3 signs you may need the test
- Police arrest two after Huntington shooting
- Coronavirus roils every segment of US child welfare system
- Seniors still line dance together
- Colorado woman trains dog to bring groceries in for her neighbor
- Fauci on working with companies to produce vaccine