POWHATAN POINT, Ohio (AP) – Authorities say two Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers shot and killed a man holding a woman at gunpoint following a 19-minute high-speed chase.
The man shot Thursday morning along Ohio Route 7 in Belmont County has been identified as 41-year-old Joshua Roberts, of Meadville, Pennsylvania. The highway patrol says a 34-year-old woman driving the vehicle was grazed in the shoulder by troopers and received treatment.
The highway patrol says the chase began in Monroe County after a license plate check showed the vehicle was stolen out of Pennsylvania and ended when the vehicle ran over spiked stop sticks and crashed.
- Advocates tout “Environmental Day” at West Virginia Capitol
- Student receives “Certificate of Merit” from Red Cross after saving a life
- Charleston Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Pikeville Medical Center shares precautions to protect against peak of flu season
- One dead following officer-involved shooting, pursuit
- Virginia secession plea gets boost from West Virginia governor and Liberty University president
- Magnitude 7.7 earthquake hits between Cuba and Jamaica
- West Virginia Senate passes harassment, animal cruelty bills
- Avett Brothers return to Charleston Coliseum in June
- President Trump’s legal team wrapping up arguments as Senate considers calling Bolton