IRONTON, OH (WOWK) – The city of Ironton will raise its North 2nd Street flood gates at Storms Creek, beginning from 1:20-2 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 13.
City officials have informed the Ohio Department of Transportation and anticipate the McPherson Escape Route to U.S. Highway 52 to be open around 2-2:20 pm.
All traffic should avoid this area.
Ironton City Schools also announced an early dismissal today due to the flood gates.
Ironton Elementary K-8 will dismiss at 1 p.m, Ironton Pre-K at 1:20 p.m. and Ironton High School will dismiss at 2 p.m.
District officials said tonight’s parent and teacher conferences have been rescheduled for Monday, March 16.
School will not be in session Friday and Monday and will be back in session Tuesday, Feb. 18.
- Kids can get it too: COVID-19 cases high among children
- Commissioners encourage residents to become foster parents, growing need after opioid epidemic
- Gov. DeWine negative for coronavirus in second test
- President Trump signs executive orders to ban TikTok, WeChat in 45 days
- Kanawha County honors Hoppy Shores with dedication of courtroom
- Flash flood warning for parts of southeast Kentucky Thursday night
- 13 News Now webcast, Thursday, Aug. 6: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- Police investigating Charleston homicide, suspects on the run
- Army Captain honored for two decades of serving his country
- Destination West Virginia: Palace of Gold