IRONTON, OH (WOWK) – The city of Ironton will raise its North 2nd Street flood gates at Storms Creek, beginning from 1:20-2 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 13.
City officials have informed the Ohio Department of Transportation and anticipate the McPherson Escape Route to U.S. Highway 52 to be open around 2-2:20 pm.
All traffic should avoid this area.
Ironton City Schools also announced an early dismissal today due to the flood gates.
Ironton Elementary K-8 will dismiss at 1 p.m, Ironton Pre-K at 1:20 p.m. and Ironton High School will dismiss at 2 p.m.
District officials said tonight’s parent and teacher conferences have been rescheduled for Monday, March 16.
School will not be in session Friday and Monday and will be back in session Tuesday, Feb. 18.
- FDA accuses Jimmy John’s of serving vegetables linked to E. coli and salmonella outbreaks
- HB 136 continues ‘tough sell’ to Kentucky Senate
- ‘Remarkable Woman’: Dr. Sherri Young
- WV House approves Bible course elective for high schools
- Desperate to stop virus’ spread, countries limit travel
- WV State Senate fails to approve constitutional amendment to overhaul tax system
- Man stole more than $700,000 from Veterans of Foreign Wars
- City officials: We have begun tearing down Washington Street building
- Couple makes mats for the homeless out of plastic bags
- Illinois police department rallies behind boy with cancer