DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A crash involving over a dozen vehicles on I-75 northbound near Stanley Avenue Friday evening sent several people to the hospital.
Regional Dispatch tells 2 NEWS that a driver was attempting to get around traffic backup caused by an earlier crash near Wagner Ford Road around 4 pm. They were headed down the shoulder traveling at a high rate of speed when they collided with another vehicle, causing a chain reaction of accidents.
By the end of it, officials say roughly 13 or 14 vehicles were involved, with at least two ending up on their side.
The driver took off from the scene and ran to MAHLE Behr on Webster Street, where someone called a medic to pick him up.
Officials could not immediately say exactly how many people were injured but did say that all the injuries are non-life threatening.
- Wayne County family is bringing historic cemeteries back to life for loved ones
- Shop owner aims to sell affordable and stylish clothing
- Healthy Grandfamilies Program spreads to 55 counties; needs funding for new year
- Attorney posts video alleging Putnam County deputies violated a person’s 4th Amendment rights
- The State of the State address and Legislative plans for 2020
- U.S. Senate race in full-swing in West Virginia
- Online puppy scam prompts warning from Better Business Bureau
- Senate OKs bill to allow pepper spray at West Virginia Capitol
- Retired public employees to see cuts in health care benefits
- Two arrested after drugs, gun seized in West Portsmouth