DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A crash involving over a dozen vehicles on I-75 northbound near Stanley Avenue Friday evening sent several people to the hospital.
Regional Dispatch tells 2 NEWS that a driver was attempting to get around traffic backup caused by an earlier crash near Wagner Ford Road around 4 pm. They were headed down the shoulder traveling at a high rate of speed when they collided with another vehicle, causing a chain reaction of accidents.
By the end of it, officials say roughly 13 or 14 vehicles were involved, with at least two ending up on their side.
The driver took off from the scene and ran to MAHLE Behr on Webster Street, where someone called a medic to pick him up.
Officials could not immediately say exactly how many people were injured but did say that all the injuries are non-life threatening.
- YWCA offers programs to help domestic violence victims find housing
- One dead after fatal crash in Wood County
- Here’s what classrooms will look like in West Virginia this fall
- Couple graduates from first family treatment court in the state
- President Trump, Ivanka made donations to Harris’s campaign in 2014
- Double sexual assault trial begins for former Marshall student
- Charleston Montessori School switching to outdoor classrooms
- ‘There’s a lot to lose’: Marshall Football season uncertain
- Big concerns about whether West Virginia has enough broadband for students
- Man faces 18 child pornography charges after undercover investigation