ZANESVILLE, Ohio (AP) – A former Ohio elementary school principal has pleaded not guilty to charges of having sexual contact with six young children.
The Zanesville Times Recorder reports 32-year-old Cory Marling pleaded not guilty Wednesday in central Ohio’s Muskingum County to 11 counts of gross sexual imposition.
The indictment says the children were between the ages of 5 and 10 and the allegations of inappropriate touching occurred between May 2017 and December 2018.
Marling was removed as principal of Frazeysburg Elementary School in February and suspended by the Tri-Valley Local District school board Tuesday.
The indictment doesn’t say whether the children were students at Frazeysburg Elementary. Muskingum County’s prosecutor didn’t return messages seeking comment Thursday
His defense attorney says Marling “vehemently denies the allegations” and looks forward to clearing his name in court.
- Natalie Tennant running for Secretary of State in an attempt to regain seat
- Cross Lanes residents voice their disapproval for proposed Nitro annexation
- Cabell Huntington Hospital nurses vote to organize a union
- Ohio lawmakers consider removing statute of limitations for rape cases
- Dad used 11-month-old as ‘human shield’ in drug deal; baby shot multiple times
- Scioto County doctor sentenced for role in pill mill
- Police searching for missing Berkley County man
- Kanawha County health officials prepare for rise in HIV
- Charleston Announces Inaugural Youth Council
- WATCH: Live on the Red Carpet from the 2019 CMA Awards