ZANESVILLE, Ohio (AP) – A former Ohio elementary school principal has pleaded not guilty to charges of having sexual contact with six young children.
The Zanesville Times Recorder reports 32-year-old Cory Marling pleaded not guilty Wednesday in central Ohio’s Muskingum County to 11 counts of gross sexual imposition.
The indictment says the children were between the ages of 5 and 10 and the allegations of inappropriate touching occurred between May 2017 and December 2018.
Marling was removed as principal of Frazeysburg Elementary School in February and suspended by the Tri-Valley Local District school board Tuesday.
The indictment doesn’t say whether the children were students at Frazeysburg Elementary. Muskingum County’s prosecutor didn’t return messages seeking comment Thursday
His defense attorney says Marling “vehemently denies the allegations” and looks forward to clearing his name in court.
- Parents arrested after 10-year-old tests positive for meth
- Coronavirus in Ohio Tuesday update: 36,350 cases, 2,258 deaths reported
- Tropical Storm Cristobal forms in Gulf of Mexico
- Athletes join protest in Morgantown
- Amsted Rail invests in West Virginia company
- WV National Guard investigates ‘inflammatory comments’ regarding national protests
- Kentucky motorists encouraged to renew license through mail
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather to pay for George Floyd’s funeral
- Man arrested on drug charge in Meigs County
- Photos: More violence shakes the US