AURORA, OH (AP) – A man allegedly stole more than $700,000 from a Veterans of Foreign Wars post has been charged with aggravated theft according to a Press Release.
State officials say Dan Molnar 74, of Aurora, allegedly stole $714,376 over the course of several years from Aurora VFW Post 2629. Molnar also faces counts of tampering with records and money laundering.
According to the press release, Molnar was taken into custody on Friday, Feb. 21.
Authorities say Molnar had “complete control” of the post’s bank accounts and used that access to tamper with a lottery machine and write improper checks.
Bail is set at $100,000. It’s not known if he’s retained an attorney at this time.
- Facebook expands ‘community help’ feature
- WV Governor and ACLU at odds over Covid-19 precautions
- ‘Star Wars’ actor and dialect coach Andrew Jack dies from coronavirus
- Orphaned bear cub found in forest recovering
- Pittsburgh Pirates offer resources for kids doing at-home learning
- Charities ask people to wait to drop off thrift store donations
- Tyson Foods to give $60 million in bonuses for frontline workers
- Federal and state officials team up to launch West Virginia Coronavirus Fraud Task Force
- WATCH LIVE: White House coronavirus task force gives Tuesday briefing, key updates on social distancing guidelines
- California resident celebrates 110th birthday