AURORA, OH (AP) – A man allegedly stole more than $700,000 from a Veterans of Foreign Wars post has been charged with aggravated theft according to a Press Release.
State officials say Dan Molnar 74, of Aurora, allegedly stole $714,376 over the course of several years from Aurora VFW Post 2629. Molnar also faces counts of tampering with records and money laundering.
According to the press release, Molnar was taken into custody on Friday, Feb. 21.
Authorities say Molnar had “complete control” of the post’s bank accounts and used that access to tamper with a lottery machine and write improper checks.
Bail is set at $100,000. It’s not known if he’s retained an attorney at this time.
- Mandatory face coverings ordered in West Virginia
- City searches for solutions as recycling cease continues due to COVID-19
- Testing appointments booking quickly following the holiday weekend
- Colin Kaepernick signs multi-project deal with Disney
- Pandemic presents unique challenges for kids with special needs and their families
- Jewel City ramps up plans for historic anniversary
- Unemployed Ohioans may be eligible for an additional 20 weeks of benefits
- COVID-19 cases in WV continue to rise
- Winfield Youth Baseball webcast streaming 7:30 p.m. EST Monday, July 6, 2020
- Search for suspects in Kanawha County burglary underway