MINFORD, OH (WOWK) – The Scioto County Sheriff’s Department said they have arrested and charged a man with felony rape.
Officials arrested Michael Rexroad, 43, of Minford and charged him with six counts of rape, a felony in the first degree. Rexroad is currently being held in the Scioto County jail on a $600,000 bond. He will appear in Portsmouth Municipal Court today.
Scioto County Sheriff Marty V. Donini said his office received reports on Feb. 7 of a juvenile female reported to an out-of-town hospital that she had been sexually assaulted. After interviewing the minor and other alleged victims, officials said the interviewing detective learned the alleged abuse began several years ago with the youngest alleged victim being 11-years-old. The alleged victims told detectives fear kept them from coming forward sooner.
Officials arrested Rexroad yesterday without incident for a further investigation that resulted in him being charged, according to police.
Murphy said this investigation remains ongoing and could potentially result in additional charges.
Scioto County Sheriff officials said they urge anyone with any information to contact Detective Jodi Conkel at 740-351-1091.
- Couple makes mats for the homeless out of plastic bags
- Illinois police department rallies behind boy with cancer
- Bill to assist rural Kentucky hospitals clears House panel
- Handgun confiscated at Yeager Airport
- Man accused of raping, abusing infant sentenced to 4 years in prison
- Pinellas Park teacher who died of cancer leaves behind $60K for her school to build sensory playground
- North Carolina woman beat her husband to death with a metal baseball bat, police say
- Capital High School Boys Basketball Moves Forward Following Robbery
- ‘Reality Fair’ prepares high school seniors for real world
- Kentucky woman’s ex-boyfriend indicted on charges of murder, robbery