UPDATE 11:30 a.m. March 23: Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced Ohio Department of Health Director Stephanie McCloud signed four orders regarding changes to allow more visitation in the state’s nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
The full health orders are listed below:
- Director’s Amended Order to Permit Access to Ohio’s Nursing Homes, with Exceptions
- Director’s Amended Order to Permit Access to Ohio’s Residential Care Facilities, with Exceptions
- Director’s Amended Order for the Testing of the Residents and Staff of all Residential Care Facilities
- Director’s Amended Order for the Testing of the Residents and Staff of all Nursing Homes
COLUMBUS (WCMH) –In an updated health order, Gov. Mike DeWine announced more changes to the allowance of visitations in Ohio’s nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
During his Monday briefing, DeWine reiterated that assisted living facilities need to follow the current Ohio order, but nursing homes need to follow the Ohio order as well as the federal regulations set by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
“So, we have worked hard to align the Ohio orders with the federal guidance for nursing homes, to keep it clear, make it simple, and encourage visitation,” said DeWine.
General visitations guidelines include:
- Visitor screened for the virus at the front door
- Visitor log for contact tracing
- Visitors must wear a mask, wash hands, and centers need to keep up with sanitization
- Visits scheduled in advance
Some of the changes DeWine announced today include:
- Facilities are required to permit visitations, as long as criteria is met
- Vaccinated residents may have physical touch with visitors while wearing a mask
- Visitations in residents’ private room
- 30 minutes minimum visitation time
- Expanding list of examples of compassionate care visitations from four to nine examples
DeWine also stated that with the new health orders there would be updated testing policies in the facilities including testing vaccinated staff once per week, and unvaccinated staff twice per week.
For more information you can visit: Coronavirus.Ohio.gov