COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) – An Ohio judge has ordered the Roman Catholic Dioceses of Columbus to release files on 14 accused priests as part of an ongoing lawsuit. Lebanon attorney Konrad Kircher requested the files in February.
Kircher is representing Kevin Heidtman, who says he was sexually molested by the late Monsignor Thomas Bennett during the 2002 to 2003 school year.
Heidtman’s suit was filed in July 2018. He is seeking compensatory and punitive damages of at least $2 million from Bishop Frederick Campbell and St. Charles Preparatory School in Bexley. The diocese didn’t respond to requests for comment Tuesday afternoon.
- Cabell -Wayne Association of the Blind building damaged by late night fire
- A Kentucky teen has admitted to sexually assaulting four teenage girls after first pleading not guilty
- Boyd County group in need of donations for deployed service members
- More candidates file for West Virginia Governor
- Chief justice, senators sworn in for Trump impeachment
- Kanawha-Charleston Board of Health votes in favor of eliminating indoor vaping in public
- Garnet Career Center Nursing students prepare feast to learn to better care for patients
- Kanawha County Schools Superintendent announces retirement
- New surveillance video of officer involved shooting; Deputies cleared of wrong-doing
- Governor Justice orders U.S. & state flags to be flown at half-staff Saturday to honor fallen firefighter