COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) – An Ohio judge has ordered the Roman Catholic Dioceses of Columbus to release files on 14 accused priests as part of an ongoing lawsuit. Lebanon attorney Konrad Kircher requested the files in February.
Kircher is representing Kevin Heidtman, who says he was sexually molested by the late Monsignor Thomas Bennett during the 2002 to 2003 school year.
Heidtman’s suit was filed in July 2018. He is seeking compensatory and punitive damages of at least $2 million from Bishop Frederick Campbell and St. Charles Preparatory School in Bexley. The diocese didn’t respond to requests for comment Tuesday afternoon.
- Softball life continues for former Buffalo & Marshall grad Ali Burdette
- YWCA offers programs to help domestic violence victims find housing
- One dead after fatal crash in Wood County
- Here’s what classrooms will look like in West Virginia this fall
- Couple graduates from first family treatment court in the state
- President Trump, Ivanka made donations to Harris’s campaign in 2014
- Double sexual assault trial begins for former Marshall student
- Charleston Montessori School switching to outdoor classrooms
- ‘There’s a lot to lose’: Marshall Football season uncertain
- Big concerns about whether West Virginia has enough broadband for students