TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) – Authorities say a man accused of stealing a vehicle with a baby in it and leading police on a chase in Ohio has been arrested on charges including kidnapping and child endangering.
Toledo Municipal Court records show 29-year-old Joshua Gilliland, of Arcadia, also is charged with counts including grand theft of a motor vehicle and assault on a police officer. Court records don’t show an attorney for him.
Law enforcement officials say Gilliland stole a vehicle with a 9-month-old girl inside from a residence in Findlay shortly before 8 p.m. Saturday. They say he was pursued to Toledo, where he was captured with the assistance of a police dog after ramming two police cruisers and fleeing on foot.
Police say the baby wasn’t injured and was returned to her parents.
- WARNING: Poisonous plants blooming soon in Central Ohio
- Ohio man shot after confrontation at residence
- VIDEO: Amazon trailers go up in flames in massive fire at commercial building
- Inmate cuts off part of his finger, mails it to newspaper to protest jail conditions
- Three undocumented immigrants plead guilty to federal charges
- Overall, a very nice weekend but hot weather looms!
- Two dogs die in hot car after AC fails while owner attends dog training lecture
- Backpack Buddy Community Packing Day still on for Putnam County
- Third Kentucky healthcare worker dies of COVID-19
- Yard sale in Portsmouth gives back to community