TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) – Authorities say a man accused of stealing a vehicle with a baby in it and leading police on a chase in Ohio has been arrested on charges including kidnapping and child endangering.
Toledo Municipal Court records show 29-year-old Joshua Gilliland, of Arcadia, also is charged with counts including grand theft of a motor vehicle and assault on a police officer. Court records don’t show an attorney for him.
Law enforcement officials say Gilliland stole a vehicle with a 9-month-old girl inside from a residence in Findlay shortly before 8 p.m. Saturday. They say he was pursued to Toledo, where he was captured with the assistance of a police dog after ramming two police cruisers and fleeing on foot.
Police say the baby wasn’t injured and was returned to her parents.
- Smashing pumpkins: Oregon Zoo pachyderms go to work
- Ugly Sweater Pop-Tarts hit stores for the holiday season
- Fire destroys abandoned house in Barboursville
- Bridge Day 2019 is a national holiday for extreme sports enthusiasts
- 600 Florida turtles saved from poaching ring; 2 men arrested
- Ohio student launches nonprofit to bring books to inmates
- Officials split building in two to solve property dispute in Ohio
- Cemetery killer booby-trapped home to target police
- Ohio University suspends more organizations amid hazing probe
- ‘A symbol of acceptance’: Kellogg joins anti-bullying campaign with All Together cereal