MAINEVILLE, Ohio (AP) – Authorities say the 82-year-old mayor of a suburban village in southwest Ohio has died after a pickup truck crashed into his lawn mower.
William Shearer was riding the mower on a road Monday evening when the truck rear-ended it. He suffered a severe head injury and died after being flown to Miami Valley Hospital.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol says 30-year-old Victoria Vogel of Morrow, Ohio, sustained minor injuries. She was treated and released at a hospital.
The Patrol is still investigating the accident.
Maineville has some 1,000 residents living around 25 miles (40.23 kilometers) northeast of Cincinnati.
- Cabell- Huntington Health board passes indoor vaping ban
- Healthy Grandfamilies Program director, graduates testify at State Capitol
- Three arrests in copper wire theft at cell phone towers in Kanawha County
- Man arrested in connection with 17-year-old girl found dead in sewer drain
- Gallia County, Hopewell Health Centers partner for mew multi-treatment facility
- Herbert Hoover High School breaks ground in Elkview
- Congresswoman Carol Miller files for re-election
- State Superintendent of Schools to recommend leaving social studies credit requirements the same
- WV Congressional delegation weighs in on VA Clarksburg deaths
- Arrests made in cell tower cable thefts