MAINEVILLE, Ohio (AP) – Authorities say the 82-year-old mayor of a suburban village in southwest Ohio has died after a pickup truck crashed into his lawn mower.
William Shearer was riding the mower on a road Monday evening when the truck rear-ended it. He suffered a severe head injury and died after being flown to Miami Valley Hospital.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol says 30-year-old Victoria Vogel of Morrow, Ohio, sustained minor injuries. She was treated and released at a hospital.
The Patrol is still investigating the accident.
Maineville has some 1,000 residents living around 25 miles (40.23 kilometers) northeast of Cincinnati.
- Giant Eagle requests customers not openly carry guns inside stores
- Marshall is starting to get recognized for more than just athletics
- FRUTH AND VALLEY HEALTH PARTNER UP TO OFFER BETTER SERVICES IN MILTON
- Two houses catch fire in Huntington Sunday night
- Pedestrian struck in Smithers Sunday night
- Bishop: $1.2M from sale will go to help sex abuse victims
- GM offers new products for closed plants
- Three arrested after infants found in back seat of car with drugs
- Man shot and killed in vehicle, police search for shooter
- First responders prepare for the unexpected in exercise drill