CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOWK) – A Cleveland-area Roman Catholic priest who is accused of having child pornography is expected to make his first court appearance on Monday.
Authorities arrested the Rev. Robert McWilliams on Thursday at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Strongsville. He’s charged with possessing child pornography and possessing criminal tools.
The Cleveland diocese says investigators took a cellphone, iPad and laptop that belonged to McWilliams during a raid of the priest’s office and where he lived. McWilliams is being held in jail and hasn’t made any statements since his arrest.
Court records don’t indicate whether he has any attorney.
- Winter isn’t done yet as rain changes to snow this week
- Deputies search for missing man from Fayette County
- Officials: Washington Street building must be demolished
- Greenup County basketball coaches suspended following investigation into athlete’s eligibility
- Utah K-9 killed in line of duty to be buried in one-of-a-kind casket
- WVU will be one of the first universities in the nation to offer a music and health degree
- It’s sweet and savory, but would you eat it? KFC’s Chicken & Donut Sandwich
- Man facing charges after ATV chase at Mingo Central High School
- WV prescription drug cost bill moves forward
- Pro-life advocates rally at Capitol following Born-Alive bill passing