|UPDATE: FEB. 14, 3:50 P.M. – According to ODOT, floodwaters have forced the closure of more roads in Lawrence County.|
At this time, ODOT officials have closed SR 243, at the intersection of Greasy Ridge Road; SR 650, one mile north of Hanging Rock; and SR 650, between Little Pine Creek and Kellys Mill Roads.
United States Highway 52 in Lawrence County near McPherson Avenue has been reduced to one open lane in each direction.
UPDATE: FEB. 14, 9:15 A.M. – ODOT closed more Ohio roads due to high water.
In Vinton County, ODOT marked SR 278, between United States Highway 50 and SR 677 as restricted; marked SR 278, between SR 677 and the Hocking County line as restricted; and closed SR 328, between SR 93 and SR 56 and SR 356 between U.S. Hwy. 50 and the Athens County line.
Restricted routes have been partially covered by water.
In Athens County, ODOT closed SR 56, between the Vinton County line and Athens Corp; SR 144, between U.S. Hwy 50 and SR 329; SR 329, between SR 144 and SR 550; and SR 356, between SR 681 and SR 56.
ODOT said they remind drivers to never attempt to travel through high water.
SCIOTO COUNTY, OHIO (WOWK) – The Ohio Department of Transportation have closed several roads in three Ohio counties due to high water.
Closed roadways located in Scioto County include, SR 239 at United States Highway 52; SR 73, where it passes under SR 852 west of Portsmouth; and SR 73, just west of Portsmouth.
Lawrence County roads closed due to high water include, SR 93 near SR 373; SR 650, one mile north of Hanging Rock; SR 650, between Little Pine Creek and Kellys Mill Roads; and the City of Ironton raised its flood gates, McPherson Avenue remains open to maintain access to U.S. Hwy. 52.
Jackson County roads closed to high water include, SR 233, south of Oak Hill near the Gallia County Line.
ODOT advises motorists to never cross water over a roadway.
Visit OHGO.com for more updates.
- WARNING: Poisonous plants blooming soon in Central Ohio
- Ohio man shot after confrontation at residence
- VIDEO: Amazon trailers go up in flames in massive fire at commercial building
- Inmate cuts off part of his finger, mails it to newspaper to protest jail conditions
- Three undocumented immigrants plead guilty to federal charges
- Overall, a very nice weekend but hot weather looms!
- Two dogs die in hot car after AC fails while owner attends dog training lecture
- Backpack Buddy Community Packing Day still on for Putnam County
- Third Kentucky healthcare worker dies of COVID-19
- Yard sale in Portsmouth gives back to community