LAWRENCE COUNTY, OH (WOWK) – The Ohio State Highway Patrol continues to investigate a fatal crash in Lawrence County, Ohio.
Troopers say as a 1995 GMC Jimmy driven by Jason A. Stamper, 36, of Pedro traveled northbound on Ohio State Route 93 near milepost 23, he traveled into the opposite lane and collided with a 2005 Dodge Durango, driven by Roger D. Miller, 24, of Oak Hill.
Medical officials transported Stamper, who according to troopers was not wearing his safety belt at the time, to St. Mary’s Medical Center where he died from his injuries.
Medical officials transported Miller to Cabell-Huntington Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The crash occurred at approximately 7:49 a.m., March 25, according to police.
The Decatur Fire Department, Washington Township, Madison-Jefferson Fire Department and Lawrence County EMS assisted the Ohio State Highway Patrol on scene.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol would like to remind everyone to wear their safety belts, obey all speed limits and to not drive distracted.
- WATCH LIVE: Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear provides daily COVID-19 update
- WV PSC approves certificates for new Longview power plant in Mon County
- Michigan man pays for nurses’ gas
- Pres. Trump, White House coronavirus task force plan Saturday afternoon briefing
- ‘COVID-19 Time Capsule’ worksheets great way for kids to keep busy, record their experiences
- Surgeon General: Here’s how you can make a cloth mask today in just a few easy steps
- Gov. DeWine signs order expanding telehealth in Ohio
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 3,739 cases reported, 102 deaths
- Silver Alert issued for missing North Carolina man
- 49 UT students who took spring break trip now positive for COVID-19