CINCINNATI, Ohio (WJW) — One of Ohio’s zoos was ranked the best in the country according to a recent poll.
According to the news outlet, a panel of experts picked the initial nominees but the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
The poll ranked the following as the country’s best zoos:
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden – Cincinnati, Ohio
- Fort Worth Zoo – Fort Worth, Texas
- Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium – Omaha, Nebraska
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo – Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Nashville Zoo – Nashville, Tennessee
- Brevard Zoo – Melbourne, Florida
- Audubon Zoo – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Saint Louis Zoo – Saint Louis, Missouri
- Dallas Zoo – Dallas, Texas
- Denver Zoo – Denver, Colorado
The Cincinnati Zoo is one of the oldest zoos in the nation. It features several animal habitats and exhibits.
You can learn more about the Cincinnati Zoo by visiting the organization’s website.