One injured in Kanawha County house fire


KANAWHA COUNTY, WV (WOWK) – A man is being treated after a home went up in flames in Charleston.

The fire was reported earlier today near Darby Street and Wertz Avenue. One man was treated for burns on his hands and smoke inhalation but refused to go to the hospital.

Crews on scene say the cause of the fire was a space heater on the second floor.

For local and breaking news, weather alerts, video and more, download the FREE WOWK 13 News App from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the FREE WOWK 13 News App

Washington DC Bureau

More Washington DC Bureau

Don't Miss

Trending Stories