CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – Charleston Police say they have identified the victim in the shooting on I-77 northbound near the I-64 split and Westmoreland Road exit in Charleston Friday, October 18, 2019.
Antwan Curnell, 28, of Dunbar, was transported to CAMC General Hospital where he was pronounced deceased. A portion of the interstate was closed to process the scene but has since reopened.
Curnell was driving a white Toyota 4-Runner also occupied by two adult female passengers. Around 9 p.m., unknown suspect(s) fired multiple shots in the direction of the victim’s vehicle while both vehicles were traveling on the interstate. The victim lost control of his vehicle and struck the suspect vehicle before crashing into the guardrail. The female passengers in the victim’s vehicle reported no injuries. The unknown suspect(s) fled northbound on I-77 in the suspect vehicle after the shooting. The suspect vehicle is described as a blue vehicle with front and side damage.
No arrests have been made at this time. Anyone with information is asked to call the Charleston Police Department at 304-348-8111. Callers can remain anonymous.
- WV pools face implications in reopening
- Bicyclist accused of assaulting teens over protest flyers along Maryland trail
- 13 things to do this weekend (June 5 – June 7, 2020)
- YouTube celebrity Jake Paul faces charges after mall riot
- Play it safe: Mardi Gras Casino to reopen with new protocols
- Mother arrested after missing boy’s body found in dumpster
- Local canine celebrity helping to raise money for new kennels at Roane County shelter
- Gov. Justice removes Hess from State Fire Commission over controversial social media posts
- Lawmaker: US has had worst response to pandemic worldwide
- Young political group lends a helping hand; Portsmouth hedge sign transformed