CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – Charleston Police say they have identified the victim in the shooting on I-77 northbound near the I-64 split and Westmoreland Road exit in Charleston Friday, October 18, 2019.
Antwan Curnell, 28, of Dunbar, was transported to CAMC General Hospital where he was pronounced deceased. A portion of the interstate was closed to process the scene but has since reopened.
Curnell was driving a white Toyota 4-Runner also occupied by two adult female passengers. Around 9 p.m., unknown suspect(s) fired multiple shots in the direction of the victim’s vehicle while both vehicles were traveling on the interstate. The victim lost control of his vehicle and struck the suspect vehicle before crashing into the guardrail. The female passengers in the victim’s vehicle reported no injuries. The unknown suspect(s) fled northbound on I-77 in the suspect vehicle after the shooting. The suspect vehicle is described as a blue vehicle with front and side damage.
No arrests have been made at this time. Anyone with information is asked to call the Charleston Police Department at 304-348-8111. Callers can remain anonymous.
- LEGO convention set to come to Charleston in 2020
- West Virginia Governor asked to end sales of flavored vaping products
- Record cold temperatures hit area Wednesday morning
- Man dies from injuries after 50-car pileup in Ohio
- Firefighter dies day before Disney trip while saving baby from burning home
- West Virginia Deputies looking for suspects that stole an ATM
- Car thief drives off with sleeping toddler
- Mission West Virginia brings awareness, support to foster care
- State Police to conduct DUI checkpoint in Kanawha County
- Trial begins for ex-deputy charged with distributing drugs